[im]perfect28.10.2012

silver cocktail ring
ripped tee
black matte nails

It was about time I wrote a new post! This past week I’ve been doing a lot of learning, reading, thinking about so many things and have been mainly focused on my inner self (there you have a little explanation of my disappearance). During my time off the internet, I though a lot about the overall blogger image.

For quite some time now, I feel as if I’ve been reading only one blog. I believe every single one of us noticed that by now. I also believe everyone noticed how little tolerance the blogging world has for writing-focused (editorial driven) blogs, those with not-so-perfect photos (or no photos at all), or bloggers who are innovative in their dressing but have non-branded outfits and aren’t pretty by the book. There was always this pressure to be the first, to be the best, to be perfect. The movie stars, recording artists, TV personas and most of all, models have somehow brought this plague upon the society we live in. With internet, the amount of pressure was doubled. With fashion blogs, tripled. And it’s not only the matter of being only the most fashionable (and I use this term because personal style is rare and very questionable within blogosphere), but being the first and best of the best. Numeric wise, of course. No one will ever stop to think and say: “This girl only has 55 followers and her camera may not be top notch, but she rocks this vintage velvet skirt with the Docs like no other!” or “These photos aren’t very crisp but the angle and composition are sick!”. No. It would rarely happen. Do you know why? Because people are in it for all the wrong reasons. To show off, to get paid, to just be able to say they’re a fashion blogger because it’s the latest ‘it’ title to have! They don’t know shit about style or art or photography, therefore they can never see beauty in the uncommon, unexpected and imperfect.

I imagine it must be really sad to always have to race for perfection. Perfect look, perfect photos, perfect numbers, perfect life. What many don’t realize is they might never achieve it. Not anyone should conform to the standards that have been set, but rather set their own and bring novelty into the world. Perhaps a new definition of [im]perfection.

As I posted a little quiz on my Facebook page the other day, I got an idea. I would very much appreciate if everyone left a comment containing everything you think about when you hear/read the word imperfect. Synonyms, antonyms, adjectives, verbs, letters, colors, sounds, numbers. Quotes are very much welcome too. Let’s all celebrate imperfections and being perfect in our own terms right here and now! I only scratched the surface here, feel free to further discuss the issue in the comments!

silver coated ring – no brand
DIY ripped tee
chipped nail polish

49 THOUGHTS ON "[im]perfect"

Janice 28.10.2012 - 3:35 PM

I love this post. I can relate to it so well because I have been a perfectionist for as long as I can remember. It’s not that I want to be; it’s just that I am. But I am trying hard to accept the imperfections, and I’m so happy to see some progress so far! For all I know, the imperfections are the best bits. Imperfections make things special and unique. Without them, everything would be lifeless and robotic. I’m starting to think that there is more beauty in imperfection than there is in perfection. Imperfection is definitely something we should celebrate!

moiminnie 28.10.2012 - 3:46 PM

Thanks for your feedback Janice! I’m glad you could relate. The perfection I’m talking about is those beauty standard that have been around for a long long time and people tend to compare everything to it! I agree, we should embrace it and create out own standards or we will all end up looking and acting the same – as you said it – lifeless and robotic, without a single trace of our own thoughts, creativity and souls. x

Jacqueline davis moranti 28.10.2012 - 4:23 PM

Such a great post, totally about the societal “imperfections”

Burgundywhispers.com

life is style 28.10.2012 - 4:45 PM

great blog :) and post
im following u via gfc
you can follow me back if you want :)
kisses

Sofía Martínez López 28.10.2012 - 4:59 PM

Being a US size 16/18, I’ve had to come to terms with the “imperfection” of my body’s shape. I won’t let it stop me from loving fashion and from blogging, but I also know there are people who won’t be able to accept that about me. I’m fine with it, as long as I get to connect with girls like me and show them what awesome things you can do with your “limitations”.

Ashley Garner 28.10.2012 - 5:31 PM

I really really love this post, great job and great choice of photos to go along with it (totally feel you on the chipped nail thing, I never have fully painted nails when school stress kicks in).

On the topic of imperfection I once read a quote that said “Perfectionist’s are people that are scared to fail” and I think that is quite true. This is not only referring to individual people but the society that we live in. With failure comes greatness in my opinion. With it comes rebellion, a counter culture, new perspectives and ideas. Without failure there can be no success. Our obsession with “perfection”, particularly in the fashion and fashion blogging world, there has become this small niche of people that fit into it’s society. A certain body type, “ideal beauty”, types of clothes, place to live, thoughts to think, and so on. It’s extremely depressing really.

Earlier this year I heard American designer Ralph Rucci speak to a group of art college students and they asked him what was the best advice he could give them before getting into the industry. He said “Listen to the oracles, not the people on the red carpet” and that struck me deeply. He was referring to people like Grace Coddington, Andre Leon Talley, Nick Knight, Tim Walker, the late Isabella Blow, or Diane Vreeland. These are the people that truly make the fashion industry, that are pushing our creative boundaries and opening our eyes to a world that is already around us, but we have become blind to it.

Sorry if this has come off as a rant but I feel very strongly about everything you had to say in this post and just wanted to thank you for bringing up a topic that needs to be brought up more. I will leave you with one last quote, “You want to make for yourself a world that is deliberately and meticulously personalized. A theater for your life.” -Jonathon Sofran
Since when did our lives suddenly become everyone else’s? Imperfection is beauty.

Alex Gabriel 28.10.2012 - 5:57 PM

Oh my goodness, thank you for this post. Not only am I a perfectionist (and frustrated with the standards of fashion blogging), but I started my blog because I wanted to WRITE about fashion. I still do, but I learned with fashion blogging that it’s not about journalism, it’s about pictures and selling yourself and attracting people through clothing labels.

I have to say, though, I think there’s an amazing dialogue growing around the idea of inspiration. More and more, I see bloggers who want to inspire one another and be inspired– because that’s ultimately what happens and why people start fashion blogs every day.

Anyways, I loved this post. This is a conversation I want to have with other bloggers!

Le Faz

Lauren Williams 28.10.2012 - 7:36 PM

These pictures are great! I love reading your posts, you are very intelligent and talented! I cannot agree more, it’s a struggle, and finding your inner self is hard enough without the standards of blogging. You have to do it for yourself, not for others.

x lauren

moiminnie 28.10.2012 - 8:38 PM

@Sophia: You should never feel limited! And you proved my point here – who said size two or zero was perfection? Just keep doing what makes you happy in your own way! xx

@Ashley: You already know how much I enjoy your blog and your posts on different topics. I believe you subconsciously inspired me to sit down and write about this issue. I feel so good and positive about this blogging thing as long as there are people like you who think with their own heads and are trying to make the blogosphere a better and more creative place for people who can appreciate that. You really shouldn’t apologise for expressing an amazing opinion about the subject. And to be honest, your “Since when did our lives suddenly become everyone else’s?” sentence struck me more than the quote. So thank you for stopping by!

@Alex: Unfortunately, fashion blogging has become just a parade of labels, bad photography with the most expensive cameras and the writing is somehow disappearing one post at the time. I really hope that people are aware of the facts and hopefully we’ll be seeing a lot more blogs with substance and meaning to it. Thanks for sharing your perspective!

@Lauren: Thanks, Lauren! I strongly believe everyone should just do their own thing; a lot of bloggers think that’s exactly what they’re doing but more often than not, I see them unaware of slowly losing their way and becoming generic. Hope it gets better though. x

Marta 28.10.2012 - 8:57 PM

My nails always look like this

- Evamaria 28.10.2012 - 9:52 PM

I haven’t comment much before, but this post was remarkable. To start with, it wasn’t the topic that caught my eye. I found that picture to be so interesting. I must say that I’m the one, who doesn’t always read texts when I check someone’s blog. I usually check pictures and have a quick look at what he/she had written. Well, I think I’m not only one who does that. I totally get what you’re talking about in this post. People try to be perfect so hard that they don’t see their strenghts and are always criticizising everything and even being to harsh to themselves. I think this post was so inspiring and I’ll definitely pay more attention to what people are actually writing on their posts!

s 28.10.2012 - 10:10 PM

imperfect is beauty and beauty is always in the eye of the beholder. to me, imperfection IS perfection. xO!

LaraBeTheOne 28.10.2012 - 11:26 PM

Agree ^^ Samo sto se nazalost nista nece promeniti, ma koliko god bilo tekstova poput tvog. Jednostavno ljudi prate masu i oduvek ce postojati ta ogromna zelja za savrsenstvom, koju niko ne moze da dostigne. Nazalost oni sami ne shvataju koliko time postaju hendikepirani, jer gube sebe i sopstvenu licnost zarad neceg naocigled “savrsenog”. Sjajan tekst, i nadam se da ces uticati na sto vise ljudi. pozz

moiminnie 28.10.2012 - 11:59 PM

Hvala, Lara! Ne mislim da ce bilo sta izazvati revoluciju u nacinu razmisljanja ljudi u globalu, ali iskreno se nadam da ce bar nekoliko ljudi izvuci pouku ili pokusati da ne skrenu sa svog puta. Posto se prema blogu odnosim kao prema nekoj vrsti dnevnika licnog stila i razmisljanja, ovaj tekst ce i meni sluziti kao podsetnik :)

Ana 29.10.2012 - 10:38 AM

Odusevila si me ovim postom, bas je onakoo.. pravo u metu!

Charlotte 29.10.2012 - 12:38 PM

Great post! The only thing I can think of right now is that song by Miley Cyrus ‘Nobody’s Perfect’ .. might be silly, but it’s true! Lol.

Dunja 29.10.2012 - 3:36 PM

Ovo je zaista tema koju bi cesce trebalo pokretati!
Ja jesam od onih koji vole Zaru, koji vole da isprate trend koji im se svidi, ali sam takodje neko ko preradjuje bakine suknje ili ih nosi pravo iz njenog ormana. Kad je moda u pitanju, u nasem okruzenju je i dalje nametnuto misljenje da je bitno ispratiti sve sto se predstavi kao trend i da ‘marke’ nikada nisu los izbor. Isto tako, kvalitet fotografije ce izgled uciniti jos sjajnijim.
Volim da vidim umetnost i fotografiju ruku pod ruku, volim da vidim ono sto nikada ne bih nosila na osobi koja inspirise.
Savrseno je ono sto me tera da istrazujem i dalje!

Hollie 29.10.2012 - 4:04 PM

I totally agree.Although i like things to be ‘perfect’ in my way, although half the time i don’t care about my photos , i never photoshop them.And i believe good blogs make followers not the other way around :)

La Saloperie 29.10.2012 - 4:10 PM

This is lovely! I find it somehow gives me some sort of license to lean back, relax, and reinterpret. I’m not a crazy perfectionist, but I hate to leave the house with chipped nails for anyone to see, so I’m constantly painting and repainting them. But here, you’ve managed to make the very imperfection what makes them so beautiful and appealing! And the ring! Beautiful photography!

Karina De Jesus 29.10.2012 - 4:16 PM

Same as Janice, I am a perfectionist by nature thus I am often not satisfied with almost anything. While I’m learning to accept the fact that not everything has to be perfect and have more joy out of the imperfect things, I feel it’s still good to have that drive for perfection because that keeps me going and motivates me to get better at what do. However, the perfection I’m talking about is not that everything has to look perfect, for example, nails cannot be chipped. No, I find beauty in chipped nails and SIMPLE things (you’ve been following me long enough, you know), perfection for me is doing everything with excellence and diligence, not slacking.
Anyway, as Lauren said, your writing and the way of thought is very intelligent and analytical, and I’m very happy more and more bloggers that think that way are appearing. When I started blogging, one of my categories was “words”. Those were supposed to be posts like these – thoughts, encouragement, ideas for growth and inspiration. Unfortunately, as time went by I wrote less and less of these kinds of posts because there was very little response (as you mentioned). Now I feel fired up and will get back on it.
Thank you so much for not being afraid to express your thoughts even when they are against the main stream!

amalie 29.10.2012 - 5:20 PM

love this post xx

moiminnie 29.10.2012 - 5:55 PM

@Dunja: Nije problem u Zari kao Zari, tu je moglo da stoji ime bilo koje poznate marke. Problem je u izreci “Ako ne znas sta je dobro, gledaj sta je skupo ili sta ostali nose.” Nije cak problem ni u tim osobama koje to propagiraju, problem je u svesti ljudi koji to podrzavaju, uzimaju kao apsolutnu istinu i svako drugacije misljenje na temu oznacavaju kao ljubomoru ili neznanje. Pritom su upravo oni ti koji najmanje znaju, a najvise zude za tim stvarima/ imovinom/ novcem. Sve sto je potrebno je malo zdravog razuma i sopstvenog filtera za takve stvari. Dakle, ne plasiti se reci bas me briga sto imas Canon/ Nikon/ insert-another-popular-label-here , fotografija ti je i dalje uzas. Bas me briga sto imas Pradu, Gucci, Louboutin – i dalje ne znas da se odgovarajuce obuces za priliku. Savrsenstvo se ne meri visinom primanja niti kolicinom odece u ormaru niti brojem piksela, upravo to je poenta ovog posta. Hvala puno na misljenju, jedna si od retkih domacih blogerki koje su napisale nesto na ovu temu, cenim to! xx

@Hollie: That’s an awesome point right there: “Good blogs make followers, not the other way around.” Everyone should have this kind of quotes in their about me’s on social networks, not the usual “Fashion fades, style is eternal” when they don’t even know the definition of style nor fashion!

@La Saloperie: Thank you! Glad you saw that even though the main objects on the photographs are far from perfection, they still look beautiful due to lighting and composition – the things that really matter when it comes to photography.

@Karina: YES! That is exactly what I’m all about – “doing everything with excellence and diligence, not slacking. ” Being the best person you can be. And I would really love it if you started writing those posts again. I feel that we should really do something about all of the issues within the blogging world, and that can only be done by expressing our honest opinions! Thanks for your thoughts!

Aleksandra 30.10.2012 - 9:27 AM

Great post! Perfection is individual and something different for every person. What’s imperfect for me may be perfect for someone else, so difficult to compare..

hiPop 30.10.2012 - 1:47 PM

greska je lepa.

imperfect is perfect.

Slavica | Pickpocket 30.10.2012 - 5:29 PM

Ovaj post, tekst, razmišljenje, fotografije, sve je pravo osvježenje. Ja mislim da nas sve te male ili velike nesavršenosti, vezane i za izgled i za ličnost, ukus i razmišljanje, zapravo čine osobama kakve jesmo, razdvajaju od ostalih, čine posebnim. A biti poseban, svoj, svjestan sebe, voljeti stvari zato što ih stvarno voliš a ne zato što je to društveno prihvatljivo i unaprijed provjereno, to je pravo savršenstvo.

Jo 30.10.2012 - 8:40 PM

Wonderful read. I also recently took some time away from the blogosphere and have returned with an entirely different outlook. I still want to be the best–but the best at what I PERSONALLY LOVE to do with the means that I have. I am getting pretty sick of seeing so much of the same things. Expensive stuff draped onto “perfect” people. Imperfect = real.

<3Jo of thelittledandy.com

Toni Styles 30.10.2012 - 8:46 PM

Lovely, thoughtful post! I don’t believe imperfection exists – beauty is definitely in the eye of the beholder. I get so bored with the same old same old fashion blogs – I too have my unique interests, but admittedly if a blog is at the very least “different” I’ll stick around to explore it more. Thank you for your originality! xo

Emina 31.10.2012 - 5:20 PM

Meni je samo žao što ovaj blog nisam otkrila ranije, kad sam ga našla nisam mogla vjerovati da si iz Srbije. Imala sam blog koji sam zatvorila baš zbog toga što mi se sve to počelo pomalo gaditi i što sam počela i samu sebe da izdajem u nekim stvarima zarad nečeg što je totalna glupost. Ne mogu ti opisati koliko se slažem sa tobom i sa svime što sam našla na ovom blogu, jedan od rijetkih koje ću sa zadovoljstvom nastaviti da pratim.

Dubravka Dodig 31.10.2012 - 8:40 PM

Tema za razmišljanje, odlično! Obožavam takve postove samo da znaš, možda se raspišem! Ajd savršenost, ne uznemirava me ljudska, a samim tim ni blogerska potreba za tim, mogu da razumem da ljudi teže ka najboljim verzijama sebe, ali me uznemirava činjenica što u pokušaju da dostignu tu savršenost zapravo prestaju da budu najbolja verzija sebe i postaju opšteprihvaćena verzija nečeg što su drugi izglasali za savršeno , i uz to jedino prihvatljivo savršenostvo i u skaladu sa tim veruju u samo jednu verziju savršenstva. Kao što smo svi različiti, tako svi zapravo treba da budemo savršeni odnosno nesavršeni na potpuno različite načine,a pri tome nezaboraviti da su savršenstno i nesavršenostvo zapravo neuhvatljive kategorije jer uvek može i bolje i gore, i da je zapravo najlepše biti svestan sebe i uživati u tome umesto pokušavati uhvatiti neuhvatljivo. Verujem da će ti se dopasti jedan od tekstova na mom blogu http://lovestylemagic.blogspot.com/2011/12/internet-and-fashion.html I da, piši češće, jer je način na koji razmišljaš veoma zanimljiv i pokreće na razmišljanje!

Vienna Wedekind 31.10.2012 - 10:04 PM

these are like my words. from the bottom of my heart! you describe the situation just perfectly, honey! I sometimes feel so much pressure to take perfect pictures with high aestethics (well, this is my effort actually) and
to always take stuff to the next level. And what for: Blogs with no no no heart & soul got 2000 Follower?? Sucks.

Love //Vienna Wedekind//

ICA 31.10.2012 - 11:18 PM

Bravo Milice bravo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
savrsenstvo pociva u nesavrsenstvu…

melissa 01.11.2012 - 4:46 AM

This is why I loved your blog in the first place. Different, sincere and unique. I don’t do follow for follow I am a strong believer if I like something no matter if it is popular or not I will follow. I dislike when people ask in the blogsphere “Want to follow each other? Follow me I will follow you” I follow blogsthat I like the content of, not because I think I can increase the numbers of my followers.
I do agree with you with everyone being so perfect and uniform, everyone (or at least it feels like everyone) follow every trend, and in the end most people look the same. I also agree with the perfect look, hair and money spent in all expensive things and less and less creativity and real styling. I have always been the “ugly duck” of my circles but because of that I ‘ve worked harder and excel. I never thought beauty in a box and label was going to capture me. Instead I continue to be odd, outspoken and try to not fall in the category of a just another clone. Thanks for sharing this I feel like we are kindred spirits now. x

Psycho Cat 02.11.2012 - 12:23 AM

Odličan post, ti znaš već šta mislim na ovu temu, dotakle smo se nečeg sličnog i u mom postu od pre koju nedelju i tada mi je stvarno bilo drago što nisam usamljena u svom razmišljanju… Iskrena da budem, ne volim savršenost ni u kakvom obliku, previše mi je, hm, robotska. Savršeno nesavršeno je više moj fah. Volim to, na ljudima pogotovo, veliki nos, mladež na licu, bore smejalice, nesrazmerno velike šake, zatim robu sa greškom, feleričnost, pomalo pomereno ponašanje…volim da smo mi mi a ne da smo mi pod presijom da budemo najbolji mi što možemo da budemo.

Issa Tchieu 02.11.2012 - 1:16 PM

liking ur new meaning of IMperfection.
Still amazing to me. everything about u.

Do check out my new post on MMM x H&M.
ISSA TCHIEU

Brittany Fowler 02.11.2012 - 3:18 PM

THIS. This is so good girl. I found your blog via IFB links a la mode. Now I am your newest follower and fan. So happy to hear that I am not the only gurl ready for a blogger revolution…we need to freshen it up a bit! Make way for girls who are marching to the beat of their own drum. Also, you have inspired me to simply just rock my chipped nail polish in my photos. I ALWAYS have chipped polish and I am directing by boyfriend-tographer, “OH NO! Don’t get the lack of manicure in the pic!” LOL.

YOU RAWK. http://www.PardonMyFashion.com

Lady B 02.11.2012 - 7:40 PM

Imperfection is to me what we will always be. Those who strive for perfection will always be miserable as it is unattainable. But those who work hard every day to be the best they can be will find peace of mind. There is a difference…

Coolsario 03.11.2012 - 11:16 PM

I agree so badly with you! Specially the part about bloggers writing articles with deep thoughts or analysis and nobody reads them because ‘they are so long, I want pictures’. Most people are demanding blog that are like cghildren books: plenty of pictures and no text. Have we went back mind wise talking?

I worte 2 articles that were the pure reflection of my mind in my free time and those were the least visited post I had! It’s kinda frustriting to see that lack of hunger for opinions and points of view.

I hope I made sense in my intermediate english! haha

I loved your style to write and the blog, I’m following you!

x

Judy C 04.11.2012 - 1:33 PM

You sold me. I’m now on your follow list. And about imperfect. I’m 67, very overweight, and not wealthy enough for Michael Kors. I don’t like skinny jeans, ripped clothes, huge shoes, etc. I like looking at the fashion blogs and I don’t try to compete. I’m more boho than anything but I like to look at pretty things. And I also like your take except I don’t think anyone blogs for the wrong reason. I think they blog for their own reason and I personally don’t care what their reason is. I can enjoy anyway.

moiminnie 04.11.2012 - 2:01 PM

@Judy: I just wanted to say thanks for your comment. I appreciate it so much more when I see my words are reaching out to everyone, no matter the age, the social status, the style and the looks. As for the bloggers’ reasons, we agree that we all like to look at pretty things :) But, I have a problem with bloggers that really only do it for the money and their 15 minutes of internet fame, yet they try to present their blogs as artistic and themselves as style icons, when they really don’t know the basics. And being a clothing and textile designer, and knowing so much about the history of clothing and the process of making the garments they wear, it really bothers me and makes me cringe.

@everyone: I’m so glad that this post reached out to so many people and that many bloggers are thinking about this problem and speaking their minds loud and clear. So thanks again for all of your comments, I really appreciate them! x

Federica R. 04.11.2012 - 7:16 PM

Thanks for this post

Evelin Urena 05.11.2012 - 4:25 AM

This post is really refreshing. “People are in it for all the wrong reasons…” I was drawn to this sentence because, as someone who recently started blogging, I have been seeing a lot of bloggers that seem to be interested in being in it for the popularity, and like you mentioned, for saying that they are a fashion blogger.

I am an artist and designer who always seeks to as get close to perfection as possible. I must admit that I am a perfectionist. However, in the back of my mind, I am aware that perfection can never be achieved. ‘Have no fear of perfection – you’ll never reach it.’ (Dali)

Being that I am just beginning to expose myself as a blogger, an artist, a designer… I want to make sure that I give my readers a clear insight of who I am and what I stand for.

I’m glad I came across this post. It really helps to put things into perspective.

Erika 05.11.2012 - 10:21 AM

the gods are jealous – always have a fault in there to stop them.

But seriously? Yes, there is an element of that, but also, there is so much more beauty in the imperfect. Reminds me of opals – the beauty is in the layers, fractures, imperfections.

Cecilia Sammarco 10.11.2012 - 8:03 PM

perfect!
your work is sought but natural! I really like your point of view!
C

ainihapsari 11.11.2012 - 11:21 AM

such a thoughtful post! and i love how those pictures accurately portray your thoughts.

Anyway, this is such an amazing coincidence since i’m just about to start writing an essay for my social psychology assignment with a similar topic.

I see it as a never ending issues here in fashion industry, that people are constantly seeking for perfection. What they don’t realize is that perfection don’t exist, and it’s merely created by society and those who took advantages from it.

I completely agree that we should start to see everything beyond, and perceive beauty in a not very mainstream way like how you illustrates it in “This girl only has 55 followers and her camera may not be top notch, but she rocks this vintage velvet skirt with the Docs like no other!” or “These photos aren’t very crisp but the angle and composition are sick!”.

All we have to do is start to look at original forms of things, and distinguish it with society standard on what is good and what is not.

(PS : sorry if my english is flawed :p but i hope you’ll get my idea) <3

Her Infernal Majesty 11.11.2012 - 8:21 PM

I agree with you on several of your points. You are so right in that it seems like a lot of fashion blogs might as well be written by the same person.
Here is something I have been thinking about however: Oftentimes, the reason I find even myself skipping through the text of some blogs, and just looking straight for the pictures, is because a lot of bloggers are unfortunately, terrible writers.
This isn’t true for you, btw. You have a very distinct voice, Moiminnie, but the truth is, the majority of bloggers do not.
Because our medium is one that requires a keyboard, we immediately think of ourselves as writers, and are quick to forget that writing is an art form that requires skill, and yes, talent.
There is simply no Adobe software that can fix bad writing.
Anyway, good job on this post. Keep it up. :)

Jessica M.

Sofie 13.11.2012 - 11:09 AM

Great post to read!! I share that same opinion with you about bloggers! I’ve known 2 girls who started a blog just because they wanted to get as much followers possible and free tickets and samples. At the moment I heard their reasons to blog, I got so frustrated and almost stopped.. That was not the reason I was blogging and didn’t want people to think that from me too. Blogging is a way of art for me, something I could totally focus on when my hands are getting tingly to create something. Although I get your point of view on writing posts, I am more a photographer and find it so relaxing taking photo’s and creating ensembles.
Thanks for this post! Happy to see all the reactions of people who share this opinion!! xx Sofie

maria 27.11.2012 - 7:01 AM

Great post, just the slap on the face that I needed. I just started to publish my blog publicly and immediately felt so insecure. Felt my photos aren’t ‘hip’ and ‘cool enough, trying so hard to be someone that I’m not. I agree with what everybody’s saying: perfection is an individual thing. This is a good reminder of why I blogged at the first place, and how important keeping your personal voice is.

L. Nicole 05.12.2012 - 8:46 PM

Hi, I am a new blogger (like 2 days old new)and I blog about style, beauty, life, art etc… One of my fav quotes is “Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it’s better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.” You speak the truth and I agree with you 100% I love your blog and the fact that you stand for self expression and embrace being (im)perfect. My goal is to do the same! after all, everyone has a unique set of fingerprints and unique talents and gifts that only you can fufill! Rock on. xo http://www.wonderland-zoo.com/

VertigoKris 24.02.2013 - 9:46 AM

Fantastican tekst! Svaka cast :)