what’s in my bag?22.04.2013

what's in my bag, natasha nicole handbag project, moiminnie
what's in my bag, natasha nicole handbag project, moiminnie

I know that “What’s in my bag” bandwagon left centuries ago but I’ve only recently got into it. At first I hated the idea of anyone knowing what I carry in my bag. I feel like one’s bag is a private matter and shouldn’t be that easily shown off to the entire www. Lastly, why would anyone care what I have in my bag? For most of us, it’s just bare minimum – daily essentials like phone, keys, tissues, favorite lipstick and wallet. Not anything interesting enough to make a compelling reason for writing a blog post about it. I’d actually love to see be surprised if I saw something out of the ordinary in someone’s bag. Like a potato or a vibrator or an unidentified object.

I started to change my mind when I received an e-mail from the lovely Natasha Nicole, an artist and illustrator from Brighton, UK. She is working on a very interesting project appropriately titled “The Handbag Project” where she illustrates women, their favorite handbags and some of the contents they carry around with them daily. Being a designer and artist myself, I was thrilled to model for her and let her take a peek into the secret kingdom that is my handbag. So glad she chose these photos from my “Ride” post, those are my favorites as well. I quite like the drawing, she’s one very talented lady! If you wish to see more of her amazing art, head over to www.natashanicole.co.uk.

Although I said it in the e-mail, I have to say it again: thank you, Natasha! And not only for the lovely artwork, but opening my eyes and mind to look above and beyond. I realized that stuff a person has in their bag can say a lot about them; what they can’t live without, what they think is of the essence, what they like and don’t like etc. Such a cool concept when you dig deeper and really think about it. Reminds me of “The Burning House” project a bit.

By the way, what’s the weirdest thing you saw in someone’s bag?

illustration by Natasha Nicole
pictured: black tote, wallet, sunnies – no brand
Samsung phone
leather gloves – vintage
cotton tote from Vogue NL

20 THOUGHTS ON "what’s in my bag?"

hiPop 22.04.2013 - 11:30 AM

kul koncept, stvarno. jedini za kojih bih razgolitila unutrasnjost svoje torbe :)

+leather gloves su unexpected kao krompir/vibrator, osim ako ovo nije od pre koji mesec? :)

Mona Hux 22.04.2013 - 11:54 AM

What a beautiful illustration. Hopping over to her site right now…what a talented lady!

I’m curious (read, nosey) by nature so I love these ‘what’s in your bag’ posts. Thank you for sharing yours.

DREAMY 22.04.2013 - 11:54 AM

Fantastic illustration.

anjelais 22.04.2013 - 12:50 PM

I love what’s in my bag posts! All of your things look so elegant and neat. :) The weirdest thing I’ve ever seen in someone’s bag is the green toy jumprope I used to carry in my own handbag!

AcidWalrus 22.04.2013 - 1:15 PM

Weirdest thing that I’ve saw is full cosmetic bag. I mean cosmetic bag like from some make up artist (and she isn’t one of them). It was like 5 foundations, 10 mascaras, fake lashes, billion lipsticks, etc. And it wasn’t even party, just regular couple hours shopping.

Valentina Novo 22.04.2013 - 2:03 PM

Love the illustration! Natasha is very talented!
I thought seeing the content of everyone’s bag didn’t have any point (we all carry the same things after all..) but you’re right, it does say a lot about a person… Love how the colors of the content of your handbag really show your personality!

Alison 22.04.2013 - 5:25 PM

Bag posts are actually my favourite blog trend – mostly because I’m nosy and like seeing what phones/wallets/misc items people squirrel away.

ZxM Style-Squared 22.04.2013 - 6:48 PM

Sve je strava!!:)

Mary 22.04.2013 - 8:30 PM

Love that illustrated picture!! SOO COOL!
The weirdest thing… Hmm I don’t know! Have to think about that :-D

The Fashion Mashup 22.04.2013 - 10:20 PM

Really love the illustration in the beginning and the story what is behind it :)

Much love,
Mirjam

The Fashion Mashup

Lisette Rivera 22.04.2013 - 11:59 PM

What a fantastic illustration! I used to be so obsessed with ‘what’s in my bag’ posts, I was so interested to see what was in people’s bags. It was a bit odd haha

random cat 23.04.2013 - 9:09 AM

bas je divna ilustracija, a i meni je ride bio jedan od omiljenih postova. i volim virkanje u tudju torbu, ali ovo blogersko, dobrovoljno, nekako me uvek oraspolozi. ali mrzela bih kad bi mi neko samo otvorio torbu i prebirao po njoj, imala sam jednu takvu drugaricu >:). ovako blogerski cu i ja jednom :)

Jovana 23.04.2013 - 9:33 AM

Odusevljena sam ilustracijom! :)

Leeloo Cubus 23.04.2013 - 11:22 AM

oh perfect illustration!
your monochrome world even inside your bag is perfect, too.
x

Issa Tchieu 23.04.2013 - 2:41 PM

This illustration is from one of the many photos that i loved too about you :) it says MOI MINNIE all over. One of a kind. I agree with you abt the initial thought abt knowing whats beyond the handbag. But slowly im convinced that it makes a person just by the things she carry or uses on a daily basis.

melissa 23.04.2013 - 6:08 PM

I LOVE this, what a great way to unite fashion and art. I also like the twist of what is in your bag. Minnie this is one of my fav posts x
M

hannah 24.04.2013 - 4:43 AM

LOVE this! i did a what’s in my bag feature a long time ago, i think it’s time for an update! the illustration is SICK.

X H

Oroma Roxella Rukevwe 25.04.2013 - 10:24 PM

The studded wallet is perfect.

Personal Style Blog By ORR

SayHello Max 27.04.2013 - 12:06 AM

Pretty excited to find your blog, first of all..

Secondly, weirdest thing ever seen was in my own bag and it was a potato peeler, shaped like a little man. It was for my sister but I forgot to give it to her and ended up carrying it around with me for a week. Definitely awkward when rummaging through your bag to pay for coffee..

xo,
Tienlyn

Leeloo 27.04.2013 - 11:36 AM

Ovo je predobro i baš sam ovako nekako zamišljala tvoje must have torba stvari :)!