skirts over pants30.05.2014

skirts over pants, moiminnie, milica obradovic, minimal fashion, style blog
skirts over pants, moiminnie, milica obradovic, minimal fashion, style blog
skirts over pants, moiminnie, milica obradovic, minimal fashion, style blog
skirts over pants, moiminnie, milica obradovic, minimal fashion, style blog
skirts over pants, moiminnie, milica obradovic, minimal fashion, style blog
skirts over pants, moiminnie, milica obradovic, minimal fashion, style blog

Mind over matter – skirts over pants. That was the motto that led me to think of this unusual outfit. Not being able to say farewell to layering just yet, I devised a perfect plan on how I can continue having fun with it, ignoring the warmer days ahead for just a tad longer. The question imposes itself: should one ever wear skirts over pants? Personally, I’m cool with the party down under, as long as there’s nothing major going on above the waist. Plus one layer on the bottom means balancing it out with minus one layer up top. I found that long, wrap skirts work best in this situation because of the endless styling possibilities they provide. This layering technique is truly easy to implement in both daily outfit choices and more dressy sets of clothing.

Recurring act in my outfits is this quilted backpack which I keep coming back to after I get tired of sporting totes, clutches or totes as clutches. My favorite thing about it is its ability to add a sporty note to what would otherwise be a slightly more elegant combination. I’m leaving the talk about those beautiful mules for another post, along with my new slides, where you’ll be able to see them in all their comfortable glory.

rollneck, wrap skirt – thrifted
quilted backpack – no brand
mules – Boreli
Quay sunglasses; originally neon yellow, painted black

13 THOUGHTS ON "skirts over pants"

ajnira 30.05.2014 - 2:14 PM

ja sam se uzivala da mijesam suknje i haljine sa panotolonama, drama

syinthetic 30.05.2014 - 10:12 PM

na tebi sve super stoji, makar, sebe nikad nebi mogla zamislit u tome

Alicia 31.05.2014 - 12:03 PM

This is such a unique way of layering! definitely going to try it this winter
x

Raissa Palacios 31.05.2014 - 9:10 PM

I would never have thought this could look so good! You’ve really outstyled yourself! I love it.

caroline 31.05.2014 - 10:36 PM

Love it, what a great look!
xo
styleontheside.com

Kimberley 01.06.2014 - 2:28 PM

This look is perfect! I absolutely love this! x

Hampus 01.06.2014 - 11:04 PM

One of the most creative outfits I’ve seen lately, I really like it.

moiminnie 04.06.2014 - 9:19 PM

Such a sweet compliment, thank you!

Ash 02.06.2014 - 5:20 AM

Ordinarily, the answer for me would likely be an emphatic no, but I love what you’ve done. It looks as though you’re wearing an elongated top. What really does it for me is that we can see the entire length of your pants while the skirt is still making its statement – perfectly harmonized and super cool.

moiminnie 04.06.2014 - 9:22 PM

Exactly; even I wouldn’t be up for it in another scenario, but here I kept it as simple as possible. The skirt really does look like a long top and I also like the “peek-a-boo” situation – it would be kind of pointless wearing it over pants if you couldn’t see them. Thank you!

ChamaFashion 02.06.2014 - 10:47 AM

I’m in love!!
XO CHAMAFASHION

duckalicious 04.06.2014 - 8:16 PM

ovo mi je baš dobro, već neko vrijeme želim probati sa kraćom crnom suknjom, ali nemam nijednu takvu. na prolječe puno sam nosila kombinaciju vrlo kratke crne asimetrične haljine i širokih crnih cropped pantalona i baš mi se sviđalo, ali na fotkama nikako da ispadne ok, pa onda nisam stavljala na blog. moraću pokušati opet, čini mi se idealno za neko ljetno veče uz sandale sa štiklom ili flatforme.

moiminnie 04.06.2014 - 9:25 PM

Hvala! Da, jako mi se svidja kako to zvuci, posebno siroke pantalone – odlicna ideja. Sigurna sam da cu jos eksperimentisati i da ovo nece biti poslednja kombinacija na ovu temu na blogu :)