styling a kimono11.09.2015

how to wear a kimono, kimono outfits, styling a kimono, how to style a kimono, moiminnie, milica obradovic, diy embellished slippers
how to wear a kimono, kimono outfits, styling a kimono, how to style a kimono, moiminnie, milica obradovic, moxham store jewellery

I’m getting all sorts of California vibes from these photos. And considering we’re already knees-deep in September, I think that looking at a few sunny photos can never hurt.

Let me tell you right away – styling a kimono turned out to be a breeze!

I’ve always wanted to own a kimono, alas up till now I just never found one that would fulfill my lifelong fantasies about that perfect one I made up in my mind. The fact that this baby already has a place in my top 3 chicest and cheapest items I own speaks volumes of how much I fell in love with it.

The versatility and the power of transformation are endless with a kimono. When picking one, make sure to go for either a slightly more neutral color palette or a less busy print. That way you can mix and match it to infinity and beyond. I always thought a kimono would look best in a casual scenario, just effortlessly thrown over one’s shoulders. And boy I was not wrong! Here I went for that homeless chic vibe, pairing the kimono with palazzo pants and simple crop top. Left at that and you might’ve gotten the wrong impression of me walking around in pajamas. Hence I added a few statement pieces: Moxham store chunky bracelet (which I thought I’d lost!), my beloved Christina Fischer bumbag and MoiMinnie embellished slippers (wink wink).

The only thing missing here is a glass of champagne – I think it would’ve been the perfect accessory to top it all off! Maybe in another post, though. Cheers to kimonos!

Shop the look:

10 THOUGHTS ON "styling a kimono"

Cherish 11.09.2015 - 5:40 PM

Love this outfit. Gorgeous

x

lifeandstylediary.net

moiminnie 11.09.2015 - 11:05 PM

Thank you darling! Feel free to share your tips on styling a kimono :) x

sanssouci 12.09.2015 - 12:50 PM

Lovely combination, great accessories!

moiminnie 14.09.2015 - 4:38 PM

Thank you and thanks for stopping by, your blog has gorg photography btw! xx

Mia Sugarcube 12.09.2015 - 12:53 PM

Love it!

minonimia.blogspot.com

ventifashionblog 14.09.2015 - 4:13 AM

You’re right, a glass of champagne would definitely fit this look. I like how you styled a kimono with very minimal color. They can be a little intimidating because so many of them are brightly colored with vibrant patterns. This one is more my speed.

moiminnie 14.09.2015 - 4:38 PM

Thanks! It’s true, the ones in more natural, subdued colors are deffs harder to find, but not impossible! Thanks for stopping by, I wish you left a link to your blog though! x

ivanasworld 16.09.2015 - 12:55 PM

Divan kimonp :)

nerdybirdy 20.09.2015 - 4:56 AM

joj, mene ovde nista ne asocira na cali, ali uopste. valjda zato sto su sve zagasite nijanse, a kalifornija je vedra, vesela, osuncana… daisy dukes, beanies i usa zastava… ovo je evropa. sever evrope. prva asocijacija mi je (don’t laugh) – hercule poirot. izgledas ovde kao neka ekscentricna aristokratkinja (a la polly walker u filmu enchanted april) koja ima aferu sa glavnoosumnjicenim. I da, def fali casa sampanjca u jednoj i lepeza u drugoj ruci (ne znam odakle mi ove gluposti, sorry, spremam ispit i ronzam po netu simultano).

ali bez zezanja sad – divan look i jako lep kimono.

moiminnie 21.09.2015 - 2:43 PM

Haha, neces verovati – zapravo obozavam Poirot-a i kostime kroz celu seriju (po mom misljenju, Englezi nikada ne mogu da promase kada je u pitanju kostimirani film/serija)! Svakako si me prijatno nasmejala, hvala! Srecno na ispitima, a posle ocekujem jos asocijacija :) x