wardrobe essentials for spring27.04.2016
This article is an affiliate post.
Ah, spring. A season all about renewal (“out with the old, in with the new” and all that jazz) but it always seems to put everyone in somewhat of a fashion limbo. Maybe it’s the fickle weather which has you constantly wondering whether you should throw on a jacket or not. Whatever the reason, if you’re feeling rudderless when it comes to spring fashion, here’s a quick guide that will hopefully get you out of your wardrobe funk this season.
1. Block heels – Why suffer through the pain of stilettos when you can get high (no, not that kind of high!) with a far more comfy pair of block heels? As InStyle notes, block heels – especially lace ups – is a shoe trend that has so far shown no signs of slowing down and this spring is no different. For a low version of a block heel, you can’t go wrong with mules and slides!
2. Colorful sunglasses – A pair of vividly-colored shades can be enough to turn even the most boring spring wardrobe into a bold fashion statement. If you want to color coordinate everything, Pantone’s Spring 2016 Fashion Color Report is a great resource to check out. Though we all know my first choice would be those Iced Coffee or Lilac Gray tones!
3. Airy tops – Lean into the season with a big and flowy graphic print tee. Spring tops made of soft linen such as those in Woman Within’s new collection, “that are perfect for wherever the sun takes you” and are must-haves whether you’re going for the ultimate Bali beach bum look or a more casual approach to corporate chic.
4. Flirty frocks – On occasion, don’t be afraid to ditch the pants and tights and go a step beyond the airy tops by stepping into a fun, light dress. Huffington Post recommends different textures and fabrics such as denim, suede and linen. Don’t be afraid to backpedal a bit and layer it up with jeans or leggings for those moments when the winds decide to pay an unexpected visit.
5. Denim jeans – Speaking of denim, you can never go wrong with a good pair of jeans no matter the season. According to StyleCaster, more people are branching out from the daily workhorse jeans and searching for more specialized styles such as culottes, kick flares, embellished and fringed.
These are just a few pointers to help kick out your spring fashion woes, butt remember, whatever style you choose to go with – make it your own and rock it all spring long!
Shop the look from the image above: