monochrome makeup look23.08.2016

spring makeup inspiration, moiminnie, simple makeup look, minimal makeup, pink makeup look, monochrome makeup

The hotter the weather, the less “paint” on my face. Luckily, it takes minimal use of makeup to still attain a presentable, chic look. Spring & summertime bring colorful sunsets and fresh breeze, which undoubtedly paint a pretty inspirational canvas in my mind. Warm, but soft tones are what I’ve been playing with the past few months. Color-coordinating my outfits is nothing new, but translating the same concept to beauty brings a dash of freshness to my everyday look.

Monochrome makeup + monochrome nails, in the most beautiful shades of dusty rose. A harmonious composition to elevate one’s face, add a touch of femininity to the look and celebrate summer days in style.

8 THOUGHTS ON "monochrome makeup look"

oliviaditomaso 24.08.2016 - 12:58 AM

What a beautiful look. Thanks for sharing.

Liv

vivien_noir 27.08.2016 - 8:59 AM

it’s almost a bit girly with all the pinkish, lavenderish shades! I wouldn’t have expected that – it feels so un-minimalist it leaves me questioning, if minimalists can’t look girly. Interesting to see how my mind goes sometimes :)
The look suits you, I like you opted for less contrast with the colours here. Very smooth! And you have really beautiful nails. I wished I could apply nail polish like you, such an even, glossy surface!

moiminnie 27.08.2016 - 6:32 PM

Why not? I feel like everyone should come up with their own version of minimalism & just do whatever works for them! :)
    I’m funny with my color picks. For example, I don’t really wear colorful clothes but I do occasionally love me some orange/red nails and lips!
    As for the nails – thank you! The secret is in using a base coat, it makes the surface of your nails smoother so the colored polish goes on beautifully on top of it! xx

Darci Isabella 29.08.2016 - 11:44 PM

Found you from an old post you commented on years ago. LOL But just wanted to say that I completely agree with you regarding minimalism. No one can define minimalism to the nth degree. It is a personal conviction defined by the individual who is practicing it and how they choose to live it. Have a great day!

moiminnie 30.08.2016 - 4:15 PM

Thank you! Now I’m curious what that post was :)
    Have a great one too!